Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Bittersweet by Shauna Niequist

This is a very raw and honest book about life as seen through the eyes of the author. The roller-coaster ride of living is masterfully woven as Mrs. Niequist tells small stories about her life. Using a journal-style of writing the reader is drawn into struggle, laughter, heartache, joy, and thought as each story bares a small piece of the author's soul. I found myself stopping several times to think about what I just read. This book does just that: makes the read stop and think. A well written book and a must read. It was so good that I went out to a retail store to purchase another work by the author: Cold Tangerines. If you know me, I almost never shop retail. This book caused a very rare exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment