This looks like a very thought-engaging book. Find out for yourself as I have a few copies to giveaway. Simply comment on this question: do you think that books like this are beneficial or just someone playing an angle to make some money selling books? Comments must be submitted by November 15th, 10pm Eastern time.
PASTOR JOHN HAGEE PENS NEW BOOK OUTLINING A MOMENTOUS ASTRONOMICAL EVENT ON HORIZON WITH POTENTIAL CONSEQUENCES FOR ISRAEL…
FOUR BLOOD MOONS
– Research Based on NASA Science, Scripture and Historical Events –
Does God use the sun, moon, and stars to communicate with us? Does He use the heavens as His own personal, high-definition billboard to announce things to come?
According to John Hagee, pastor of Cornerstone Church, New York Times best-selling author and founder of John Hagee Ministries and Christians United for Israel, the answer is yes.
In an astonishing new non-fiction book, Four Blood Moons, (Sept. 10, 2013/Worthy Publishing) Pastor Hagee draws on scripture, NASA science and recorded history in order to explore the significance of astronomical events and to caution believers of a momentous, upcoming lunar event that may directly impact not only the nation of Israel but possibly all of mankind.
Four Blood Moons derives its title from full lunar eclipses, called “blood moons” because only the infrared band of light gets around the Earth, making the moon appear red. In some centuries, there is a very rare series of four consecutive blood moons, called a “tetrad” by astronomists.
According to Pastor Hagee, tetrads have occurred on the Jewish holy days of Passover and Sukkot only three times in the last five hundred years. Incidentally, these same three dates in Israel’s history just happen to be the three most important dates in all of its history, writes Hagee. Four Blood Moons discusses these three incredible historical events in detail:
· In 1493–94, the four blood moons occurred on the Jewish holidays of Passover and the Feast of Trumpets. According to Hagee, this event signified the beginning of the fall of Spain following expulsion of the Jews (1492) and was God’s announcement to the world that “the mantle of prosperity had thusly been placed on the shoulders of an infant nation that would become the United States” since it became a refuge for the Jewish people.
· The second appearance of four blood moons appearing on Jewish holy days was 1949–50. They occurred on Passover and the Feast of Tabernacles and coincided with Israel’s being declared a nation.
· The third occurrence was in 1967–68 when the Six-Day War took place, uniting the city of Jerusalem with Israel for the first time in two thousand years – a monumental prophetic event, writes Hagee.
What’s more, the next four blood moon tetrad, falling on the same Jewish holy days, is set to happen starting in April 2014 – only the fourth time in the last five hundred years. The dates for each upcoming blood moon are as follows:
· April 15, 2014 - Jewish Passover
· October 8, 2014 - Feast of Tabernacles
· April 4, 2015 - Jewish Passover
· September 28, 2015 - Feast of Tabernacles
After the first two blood moons in this sequence, and before the final two blood moons, will be a solar eclipse on March 20, 2015 (Rosh Hashanah).
What is the prophetic significance of these events?
“Over the last 500 years, these lunar events all falling on holy days were an announcement of a time of tears and tribulation that ended in tremendous national triumph for the Jewish people,” says Hagee. “There are no solar or lunar accidents; every heavenly body is controlled by the unseen hand of God to send signals to humanity of coming events.”
In Four Blood Moons, Pastor Hagee cautions that, while no one knows the mind of God, the anticipation of this lunar event does tell us that God is getting ready to change the course of human history.
John Hagee is the author of four New York Times bestsellers, in addition to Jerusalem Countdown, which sold over one million copies. His most recent book, The Power of the Prophetic Blessing, achieved best-seller status with USA Today, Publishers Weekly, and Wall Street Journal. He is also the founder and senior pastor of Cornerstone Church in San Antonio, TX, a nondenominational church with more than 20,000 active members, as well as the founder and president of John Hagee Ministries, which telecasts his radio and television teachings throughout America and in 249 nations. Hagee is also the founder and national chairman of Christians United for Israel, a grassroots national association with over one million members.